About Me

My photo
United States
“Any attempt at alienating the children from the other parent should be seen as a direct and willful violation of one of the prime duties of parenthood” - J. Michael Bone and Michael R. Walsh, authors of “Parental Alienation Syndrome:
 How to Detect It and What to Do About It”
-http://www.divorcesource.com. ---I am a mom who has survived Parental Alienation, It lasted 10 years. During those years of hopelessness, I started this blog to talk and share my feelings with my daughter. This was the only way for me to be heard, I shared my struggle and feelings. It helped me to heal, slowly. But more than that; it's become a platform for me, as I learn more about this epidemic, to inspire someone who might also be dealing with it. I hope my testimony and experience will help others survive when they feel like giving up. Don't give up, keep fighting and give it to God. It is the only thing that keeps me moving forward each day.

Thursday, January 2, 2020

#2020Vision- Parental Alienation Awareness is my Niche

I last posted in Feb 2019, It was a letter I got from my daughter, after a little over a year, since we had reconciled, in 10 years.

I later learned, in May of 2019, that the letter was forced. I saw a text thread from my daughters' stepmother (calling her that, is being nice) that she better get writing me that letter, or she would expose my daughter. I am not sure what she thinks she has on Alyssa, that would warrant her to write me the letter I shared in my previous post, but whatever it was, Alyssa was scared enough to go through with it and send to me, and copy her dad and stepmom.

It broke my heart, again, but it was also very strange. I poured over the letter a million times and I responded to tell her no matter what I would always be her mom and would help her again if she needed it. The letter was very familiar, I'd seen it hundreds of times before in the form of emails from the stepmom and Alyssa. These emails/letters were all very strategically crafted by the SM (Standing for stepmom and also the initials of the person who I am referring to) for years SM brainwashed and manipulated my daughter into thinking I was a terrible person and mother. It's now been 8 months since I have reconciled, yet again, with my daughter. I know all of the horrible things she has gone through. I have said my piece to SM, and have tried to help my daughter put the pieces of her life back together.

The worst thing about this is SM doesn't think she's done anything wrong. I cannot stress how much this used to bother me, but now I know what kind of person I was dealing with and what my kids had to endure for so many years. SM has now moved on and out of the state, ran away to a place where people don't know her. I just pray no one has to go through what my kids and I had to with her, ever again. She is dangerous and evil.

I am so glad both my kids are adults now. I no longer have to deal with that, but I do have to deal with helping my daughter gain control of her life. For that I am so grateful, I knew that is exactly what was going to have to happen, and it is, slowly but surely. My daughter is a lot like me, she looks like me, we have so many things in common, and the best thing about that is I know she has my strength, she is funny, smart and will be ok after all. She endured so much but is now coming out the other end of that, despite what she has been told about herself. My only hope is that she loves herself, so she can move forward and love those around her who love her and believe in her.

Hindsight is 2020, I think that is what the saying is. Had I known what divorcing my ex-husband and what that journey would put me through and where it would lead me, I would have said "no thank you" But here I am, clear out on the other side, I am grateful for a few things. The ability to trust my gut when it comes to people, I have learned that all people are not who they say they are, so beware, listen to your gut and don't be so trusting.
I have relationships with both of my adult children that I cherish, they are built on honesty, trust, and love of the purest kind. There is no one who can take that away, ever again. I want to help others who are going through or have gone through the same thing. I want to be someone who can use what I have learned to help others.

#2020Vision


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Since my last post, I have flown 3000 miles across the US to see my son. He had no idea I was coming, but I still went to try to get his att...