About Me

My photo
United States
“Any attempt at alienating the children from the other parent should be seen as a direct and willful violation of one of the prime duties of parenthood” - J. Michael Bone and Michael R. Walsh, authors of “Parental Alienation Syndrome:
 How to Detect It and What to Do About It”
-http://www.divorcesource.com. ---I am a mom who has survived Parental Alienation, It lasted 10 years. During those years of hopelessness, I started this blog to talk and share my feelings with my daughter. This was the only way for me to be heard, I shared my struggle and feelings. It helped me to heal, slowly. But more than that; it's become a platform for me, as I learn more about this epidemic, to inspire someone who might also be dealing with it. I hope my testimony and experience will help others survive when they feel like giving up. Don't give up, keep fighting and give it to God. It is the only thing that keeps me moving forward each day.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Thank you She Speaks 2017

Today is the last day of She Speaks. I woke up tired, took me an hour to crawl out of bed after my alarm went off. Needless to say, I was in a rush to make it on-time for an 8:30 am start time.

“Lord, help me to get my butt in that seat on time” I said out loud.

I packed up, threw on a dress and some make up, looked at my hair and said, "welp...this is as good as it gets for today!"

I arrived @ 8:33am, worship had already started and I found my way to Table 9, where Aimee, my new friend, had a seat saved for me.

This God thing is exhausting! Let me explain what I mean by that. What I really mean is, the conference has me worn down, but not in a bad way. My mind has been swirling from day one, with all of the information I’ve been given, my brain is just trying to sort it out. The God thing, is the very best thing about this conference… BUT I am exhausted.

Today I have identified what the absolute reason was for being here, and it is not what I thought it was prior to getting here.

It’s not because I have a unique story to tell.
It’s not because some publisher is going to hear my story and say, “We want to hear more, here is a book deal!"
It’s not to grow my platform.
It’s not to gain followers on my blog.

Although; some of those things may very well happen, it’s not the over all result of my attendance @ SheSpeaks 2017.

Because I attended She Speaks 2017:

I am humbled.
I am changed.
I have let go.
I have forgiven.
I have been freed from what was holding me hostage. My anger.
My anger is gone, my sadness is still here, but now I look at it from a different perspective, I look at if from a God perspective and it gives me a joy and a freedom on a level I have never experienced. On a level that makes my heart beam with so much pride.

I am a daughter of God and I have never been so proud to be SO LOVED.

Thank you She Speaks 2017, Thank you to all of the exquisite women I have met in the last 3 days. Thank you for sharing your lives and stories with me. Thank you for praying for me, thank you for taking this step with me, I hope the result of you being here makes you feel exactly how I do. LOVED.

Your sister in Christ,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith over Fear

Since my last post, I have flown 3000 miles across the US to see my son. He had no idea I was coming, but I still went to try to get his att...